Join Our Online Community!
When the first missionaries came to the area in 1900 they started a small health post. The wife of the pastro was a nurse and gave treatment to local people. It took until 1942 before a small dispensary was built for outpatients.
In 1950 Norwegian missionaries came from China and built the first hospital. Dr Olsen worked here with 2 sisters and 12 other workers.
Slowly the hospital has been expanded to its present size of 317 beds.