Join Our Online Community!
Marangu Lutheran Hospital belongs to the Northern Diocese of the Evangelical Lutheran church of Tanzania founded in 1907 by the German Missionaries Sr. Elizabeth Seesemann and Sr. Gesine Sammy from Lipzig. It was started as a first – aid unit and was gradually expanded to a medium sized hospital with capacity of 50 beds. Some years later, 5 satellite dispensaries were established to serve the distant /periphery areas.
Currently Marangu Lutheran Hospital expanded to 80 bed capacity and services targets around 300,000 people from Marangu , Himo,Uchira,Kahe,Mamba,Kilema,Rombo,Holili
Kahe, Mamba, Kilema, Rombo, Holili, and from the neighboring areas of Kenya. Most of the people from those areas are peasants.
The hospital is dependent on patient fees for its operating budget and as many other similar hospital in the present market situation is not run to its full capacity.